Saturday, October 22, 2016

Just Random Rambling...

Been a long busy week ( with two more days to get through before I can enjoy a day off ), in a month full of endless MONDAYS. Seriously... everyday things keep happening and people keep saying that it feels like a Monday.

Today's biggest 'Monday' fail didn't hit me ( knock on wood), it hit a coworker. She'd just finished making a tray full of  chocolate pudding cups and was taking them to the freezer... when she dropped half of them on the floor. We all laughed it off since we've ALL been there before, and it takes experience  and or cheating, to get that long skinny tray packed full of pudding cups into the awkward  freezer. I say cheating, because I've learned the easiest way to do it without losing any, is to load them onto a bigger tray for the trip, and then transfer them over to the little tray INSIDE the freezer. Anyhow, since none of us told her any of that before hand, or even thought to warn her... splat. We joked, and since she'd mentioned 'camp nicknames' in a previous conversation, I suggested we change her name to Dropsy.
She manages to get the surviving pudding cups into the freezer and the not so lucky ones cleaned up.. and I pass her as she's carrying a few forgotten ones back towards the freezer a few minutes later. I'm at the oven when I hear a little noise followed by a heavy sigh.. and I yell back ' tell me you did not just do it again.' ... no answer, so I thought I'd just imagined it. A few minutes later I look over to see her heading back towards the freezer with a handle full of paper towels and this resigned look on her face.. yes, she had dropped them again lol.

This sort of thing has been happening EVERYDAY this month, to SO MANY people around me, including myself. I've just reached the point where I just do my best to get through the day without it collapsing on top of me, and find a way to enjoy the humour in these things while I can.

I have a few Halloween 'projects' on the go - a repaint of my ugly old trick or treaters bowl - it used to be grey and purple with skull-faces around the outside. It's currently been spray painted a solid black and is waiting for me to decide what to do next. No matter what I decide on... it'll end up looking better than it started. I'm also doing a repaint of a skull goblet. It was in a bag full of goodies from my brother and sister in law a year or two ago for my birthday, and it was full of candy ( they got it at the Dollarama but I don;t remember seeing them in the store this year ) It was originally white and black and rather cartoony looking... it too is now completely black... and no, I have no idea what I'm doing to it next... we'll find out when I do it :D

I may have mentioned an awesome blog called Epbot. If you've never been, CHECK IT OUT! Jen and Jon are just great people, with amazing gifts when it comes to 'creating'... everything from cool little steampunk ray guns, to amazing  cosplay costumes, to insanely talented interior design. Seriously, they do it all, and they are funny and just way too cute :D

Last year Jen posted a tutorial on an eyeball wreath she made for Halloween, where the flowers of the wreath all had eyeballs for the centers. I made my own version with little skulls in the center of my flowers - a design I plan on redoing when I find a better wreath base.  This year, she made this and I have all of my bits and pieces to make my own :)  I wanted blue lights, but all they had there at the time was orange or purple... so PURPLE! I got my skull at the Dollarama before hand, because I didn't remember seeing any that big at the Dollar Tree, and plain hollow plastic skulls have been hard to find this year... so aside from a slightly different skull and the purple lights... I might actually be sticking closer to her tutorial this time. Maybe. We'll find out anyhow :)  I think we all know how I am with following directions ;)

I also have another project that has been keeping my kitchen door propped open in the cool weather, and  Bowie sitting in the living room  barking and twittering at me ( did I mention all critters inherit a dose of crazy when I take them in? It's true... any normal they had before hand , whoosh, gone ). I found these bags of 'sea' glass at the thrift shop, there was six or so of them, but I only bought three ( yes I know, I'm still kicking myself over not getting them all ). I knew right away I was going to use them to make some windchimes for xmas gifts, and got busy sealing all of it and making it sparkle.... and then immediately regretted sealing ALL of it since it would have looked better to have had a mix of frosted and clear... so... I might be sanding off some of the clear coat. Nothing like undoing your work because you got the idea too late *sigh*.

My kitchen/painting studio is even a bigger mess than usual because I have my halloween craft stuff on the floor in front of my easel, along with my halloween treats, ( no pumpkin yet though) and the case for my mini aircompressor... that I need to figure out how to get working properly so I can get the airbrush  and do some painting with it... Too many muses making too many projects.. and it's only a week or so until November and I still haven't nailed down a plot for this years NanoWrimo novel! ( I have done one every year, but I never got around to adding the last few to my nano account... I decided I'd add them once my word count bet my previous best... two years I never got that far, and last year I did but I forgot all about it since I hadn't updated anything there for a while >.< lol Maybe I should start a new account... I distinctly remember having my ghost book listed and previewed on the site, but it's not listed among my novels, and I don;t have any record of having another account aside from the combo one me and my honorary lil' sis used the one year we won... two of us writing together, so we doubled our word count form the normal 50,000... and reached it :) and the stupid story wasn't even finished at that point either and it has since settled in beneath the dust of ' still needs a massive amount of work done to it before it's finished' along with most of the rest of our nano's.

As for jewelry, hey I DID start an owl themed bracelet :) It has the chain, the clasp, and the owl all attached together... and I have plenty of little 'charms' and dangles ready too... just need to sit down and tackle the job of attaching them all.

Just not feeling it tonight.

Tonight I'm just watching a bit of tv, writing this post to keep myself on track, and beyond that I haven't decided. Think it's a hot chocolate night ( for the record, the past few nights have been hot chocolate nights ), but tonight's hot chocolate needs to be special.. like, my Mexican Leprechaun kinda special ( for those not on fb, that's a drink I created for St. Paddy's that my local coffee shop shared -  mexican hot chocolate with a helping of Bailey's irish cream. It's really good. Since it's autumn, I could shift it to a pumpkin spice latte or cappuccino with baileys, instead... hmmm.... yup, that sounds like a plan :)

Go make yourself your favorite hot drink and snuggle in to watch movies or tv, or read a book...  I'll catch you next time  WITH PHOTOS of some of the things I mentioned this time :)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this but I do love photos ... for evidence and all that! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun read - I add Bailey's Pumpkin Spice Irish Cream to Mexican chocolate this time of year. Very tasty.
    ~cryssT

    ReplyDelete